Looking for a good activity with your children? Looking for a list of things to do with kids in Atlanta? Well, this is the place! Our list is updated regularly and we encourage emails if you have a place you would like to recommend.
- Take the kids to the Georgia Aquarium — the world’s largest aquarium — with more than 8 million gallons of water, and 120,000 fish!
- Stone Mountain Park has awesome activities for kids, like a pumpkin festival every October, a railroad, ropes course, geyser water tower, and a laser show, plus much more!
- It’s a bit of a drive, but Callaway Gardens has a beach on Robin Lake, but also water sports and trails.
- The Atlanta Botanical Gardens offers many programs for kids in the garden including storybook time every Wednesday (April – October).
- World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta is perfect for kids!
- You can’t really go wrong with the Atlanta Zoo
- The Center for Puppetry Arts is awesome! Kids can create a puppet and watch puppet performances, and see and touch hundreds of puppets!
- Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta has special exhibits designed for kids about books, money, food, crawl spaces, water and fish, and painting.
- The Fernbank Museum of Natural History has an IMAX Theatre and lots of science exhibits and activities for the kids.
- Grant Park (near the zoo) is known for being the oldest and largest park in Atlanta. But did you know it has a playground, ponds, and hundreds of acres of walking trails.
- Piedmont Park offers a host of events for people of all ages, including a kids cooking class and farmers market, and playgrounds.
Stay tuned as we update our list with more activities.